The Last 4 Years

"This Council can be proud of the accomplishments of the past four years.  We have tackled issues head on and have been committed to transparency, accountability and respectful communication."

- Margaret Quirk

Business Park

 

 

Investment Strategy

 

Service Delivery Review

 

Economic Development Update

 

Multi Use Recreation Complex

 

  • site was secured this spring and work is moving forward in 2018 with a concept plan to be developed with public consultation.  Construction is currently anticipated in 2020
  • plans include pool, walking track, dedicated senior and youth space, gymnasium and library
  • 90% of capital construction costs, including the debt carrying costs, will be covered by the Development Charges the town collects on new development, the remaining 10% has been set aside already in a reserve fund

Pefferlaw Ice Pad Roof

 

Improved Communications

 

  • New website launched in 2015, more enhancements are planned
  • Monthly Council Connection Column in the Advocate bringing forward information on topics
  • Host of Service Georgina show on Rogers brought information to residents on the many services and programs offered by the Town
  • Initiated the "Take the Mayor to Work" program
  • New website launched and Council meetings downloaded and archived for future viewing
  • Council Highlights posted after each meeting

 

Community Initiative Fund / Charity Fundraising Events

 

Reports, Projects or Plans Completed

 

  • Official Plan completed
  • Corporate Strategic Plan completed
  • Development Charge Review completed
  • Leisure Vehicle Bylaw revised
  • Fire Master Plans completed
  • Library Master Plan completed
  • Kennel Licensing Bylaw revised
  • Asset Management Plans
  • Process to deal with 'broken roads' as well as maintaining our 'good' roads
  • Building Condition Review
  • New Budget Process
  • Lease with Ontario Water Centre
  • DocuPet online dog licenses
  • Animal Shelter Improvements
  • De La Salle accessibility upgrades
  • Pefferlaw Road Sidewalk completed
  • Healthy Kids Challenge (New Initiative and the Provincial Funding Source)
  • Pefferlaw train derailment plus several weather events (all effectively handled by Town staff in co-ordination with other agencies
  • Public Sessions regarding Traffic Safety resulting in reduction of speed limits on Ravenshoe and Woodbine, 4-way stop in Udora
  • Georgina Celebrates Canada 150 and Georgina 20 Homecoming
  • The Town supported many BIA events and local festivals
  • Annual New Years Eve Family Countdown at the ROC initiated in 2015
  • Starlight Theatre outdoor movies at the ROC initiated in 2015
  • Successful new Spring Street Sweeping reducing time and money spent
  • Improvements in snow plowing and salt and sand usage to reduce overall costs
  • Successfully resolved the Paradise Island Bridge issue
  • Ward Boundary Review implemented and completed
  • New parking rules during a winter maintenance event
  • Opening of the Hodgson Train in Sutton
  • Upgraded, repaired and painted the Mossington Bridge
  • Playground replacements and upgrades continue across the Town
  • Updated and Developed Emergency Preparedness Guide and evacuation plans
  • Village of Sutton and Jackson's Point's 125th Anniversary celebrations
  • Fire Department Services Fees review and implementation
  • LED streetlight program completed
  • Dalton Road reconstructions and repairs to water infrastructure partnered with the Region saving $6 million
  • Upgrades to Burke Street completed 2017
  • Continued with the removal of trees and replanting due to Emerald Ash Borer
  • Region upgraded the Transfer Station on Warden Ave.
  • Baseline Road reconstruction project completed 2016
  • Old Homestead Road upgrades completed 2015

 

Projects Underway or in Consultation

 

"Working Together for Georgina's Future"

905.722.4250

QUIRK4MAYOR@GMAIL.COM

#quirk4mayor

 

"Working Together for Georgina's Future"
"Working Together for Georgina's Future"
"Working Together for Georgina's Future"
"Working Together for Georgina's Future"